Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Gerald

The script inside the shadow that follows me like raindrops
The blisters on my sole that rubs against my high tops
Whispers of the wind that guard from my surrender
The voice inside my head that saves my Sweet November

And though I cannot fathom another day alone
I feel as I’ve forgotten you’d never really gone
The miles may pass behind us like yellow strips of memory
But man I have to tell you, they’re much more than just a story
Like golden roads to Oz of pasts I can’t undo
That takes me by the lake; that guides me back to you

If more than pennies in a pocket were branded to my name
I’d glance at the horizon, and wish upon a train
That this shadow on my shoulder could see me once again

One day you’ll finally see the soft and shattered spine

 That binds us to the pages of your paperback with mine

No comments:

Post a Comment