You could look into my eyes
And there would be a story
That no one would read
At least I know that
It’s a psychedelic silence
A psychedelic science
People burn it in the fire
Every day
Watch the ink drip away
Like the oil
The story that everyone has
That black mess
That makes you who you are
The one I'd like to know
The one that fuels my every being
The one you'd like to know
But they throw it away
If they only knew
And the heat that burns inside me
That burns my heart
A paralytic pericardium
Vesicated ventricles
Amputated atriums
We are all silent
Time is telling
So compelling
As it passes by
Long to linger
Finger by finger
Walking horizons of the sky
A rose without a winner
A voice without a singer
Say my name in your disguise
Your eye of silver storms
The skies that keep me warm
They build fences I could walk on
And stub my toe on Jesus
And fly among the bees
Yes, dirt and bloody knees
Cuz I want to feel the ground
Where you used to be
Beast in beauty
Stone in sand
Horizons in the sky
No comments:
Post a Comment